Today, I want to share a few things I do every single day (or at least try to do). Routines and rituals are important to me and over the last year especially I’ve started to focus on what makes me feel best and then doing those things daily.
1. I love taking super hot showers and I usually spend up to half an hour in them. It’s a routine I got into in college as a way to literally blow off steam, but to also relax, think, and feel better both emotionally and physically.
2. I also write gratitude lists. Tammi Salas taught me this practice. It’s a way for me to write out what I’m grateful for in a day no matter what that day may bring. I use water-color (though I’m not the best artist) as a way to access my creativity daily and make them unique and fun. I like having a record of the things I’m most grateful for every day. It keeps me honest with myself about having enough when I start to feel like I don’t as well as forces me to sit with myself (without my cellphone) and look back on my day as well as get excited about events/projects in the future. Linked here are my lists in December. I’ve tried to do one every day this month.
3. A ritual I have, is carrying a stone with me in my pocket wherever I go. I’ve been collecting crystals for a little over 5 years now. Recently, I’ve been holding onto a Brown Tigers Eye.
4. I also really like self-care. I love treating myself to manicures and pedicures as well as at home face masks and using a good face care routine.
5. I’m not a big music listener, but I really enjoy podcasts, so that’s another way I unwind or tune out and tune in. As well as, of course, reading. Currently, I’m reading a YA novel called The Thing About Jellyfish and I just finished the memoir, A Year of Less. Reading is a ritual for me because it’s something I do to center myself, heal myself, and teach myself. I’ve tried to make it more of a routine, reading for at least 30 minutes every day, but I’m more successful when I don’t force it.
My routines and rituals inspired today’s giveaway which features the below awesome Detox Facial Steam and marbled earbuds by Lstn. All you need to do to enter is follow my blog and comment below with a peak and valley of your day (aka: one positive thing and one negative thing). I’ll pick a winner by midnight tonight! Good luck! This giveaway is not associated with either brand, you must be 18+ to enter, and live in the US.