Obviously, it’s Sunday, but I forgot to do Friday Finds this Friday and I want to make it a more consistent, weekly thing, so here was are. Please find a few things that I am really loving this week when it comes to books, products, podcasts, and everything else.
I commit to a daily practice on January 1st of each year. By doing this, I force myself to keep making art every single day. — Tammi Salas
- The Unruffled Podcast with Tammi and Sondra
- Tarot for the Wild Soul with Lindsay Mack — I haven’t listened to this yet, but someone I really admire suggested this (hi you if you’re reading this thanks for being YOU!). I’ll let you know how it goes this week, but I am doing my tarot daily practice daily and I know Lindsay Mack second-handedly from a tarot online course I took a few years ago. She’s a badass.
For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet or excite you. Books help us understand who we are and how we are to behave. They show us what community and friendship mean; they show us how to live and die. — Anne Lamott
- If All The Seas Were Ink by Illana Kurshan–(Confession: I haven’t read this book, but just got off the phone with someone who recommended it and was telling me all about it. It sounds amazing. I’m adding it to my Amazon cart right now + I am so excited.)
- You’re a Badass Everyday by Jen Sincero–This book is such a fun, fast read that provides a ton of reminders on how to get through this messy, beautiful thing we call life.
Visualize the most amazing life imaginable to you. Close your eyes and see it clearly. Then hold the vision for as long as you can. Now place the vision in God’s hands and consider it done. — Marianne Williamson
- InnerGuide 2019 Planner— I did an entire blog post on this here, but I am about to complete my second week in it and it is keeping my on track of my sh*t. I love the prompts to look at my goals and reflections weekly as well as look at where I am present and showing-up weekly.
- Curated Crystal Set by Jenny Lynn Newell–I can never get enough of these sets. I love them so much. Jenny truly has a gift.
- Vision Board by me–This isn’t a product you can buy, but more you can make. I did this as part of Style School Two Week Tune-Up and I just added to it the other night. Below is the finished product and right now it’s across from my bed, so I look at it every night before I go to bed. I’ve heard good things come from visualizing and manifesting and that a vision board is a good way to go about it. I like this article by Christie Inge, but know too that you can just make it whatever you want.
When you quit drinking you stop waiting. — Caroline Knapp
I love this quote because it emphasizes what I already know to be true, but have trouble remembering daily, that quitting drinking is an opportunity for movement. When I quit drinking 61 days ago, I stopped waiting to quit. I waited for 6 years. Right now, I quit daily, but I’m no longer waiting. I am. I think on Friday Finds, I’ll share more about my sobriety like what I’m doing, reading, and thinking in sobriety. Also, my day count. I know sharing my experience can help others and though I want to put my focus on how I dress my body, get over obstacles with body image, and keep building the wardrobe that feels most like me, I also want to be present in my sobriety and the decisions I’m making and share it all with you.